- We are administering COVID-19 vaccinations using the AstraZeneca vaccine. Any patient over the age of 50 is eligible to receive the vaccination as well as patients who are part of Phase 1a or 1b
- We will be receiving 50 vaccines each week. Please see below for eligibility and the booking process
- Please call 9868 1823 and speak to one of our reception staff to make an appointment. Please do not make an appointment using Health Engine for the purposes of COVID vaccination
- Vaccinations will be only be administered to patients who have made an appointment dedicated to this. Please book a separate appointment for any other health matters you wish to discuss as we will not have enough time on the day of your vaccination
- The vaccination is free for all Australian citizens, permanent residents and all visa-holders
- Two doses of the vaccine are required with an interval of 12 weeks between doses
- If you have a history of anaphylaxis or previous adverse reaction to a vaccination, please contact Ryde Respiratory Clinic to arrange your vaccination
PLEASE NOTE: We will be commencing influenza vaccinations from early April as well and there must be a minimum two-week interval between the COVID-19 vaccination and the influenza vaccination (either can be administered first).
Who is eligible for vaccination in Phase 1B?
How do I prove I’m eligible?
- For Healthcare workers, carers and disability support workers, critical and high risk workers, please bring your work ID or a letter from your employer. If neither is possible then please complete the COVID-19 Eligibility Declaration Form available here
- For those with an underlying medical condition:
- If you are a regular patient of our practice you don’t need to bring anything
- Otherwise please ensure your MyHealth Record has been updated by your usual GP or bring a copy of your medical record/health summary from your usual GP or a treating specialist. A recent discharge summary from a hospital will also suffice
Please note that proof of eligibility is only required for your first dose of the vaccination
How will I be notified when it is my turn to receive the vaccination?
We will not be notifying patients individually about the vaccination. Instead we ask that you complete the eligibility check and If you are eligible for vaccination as part of Phase 1B then please call to make an appointment. Please DO NOT book an appointment using health engine for COVID vaccinations.
I might want to go ahead with the vaccination but I’m uncertain
If this is the case please book an appointment to discuss your concerns with one of the doctors but please do not book an appointment to receive the vaccine unless you are committed to receiving it on the day as we have limited stock and want to prevent possible wastage.
How do I book my vaccination?
- Please call the practice on 9868 1823 and speak to one of our reception staff to make an appointment
- Please book a separate appointment for any other health matters you wish to discuss as we will not have enough time on the day of your vaccination
- Please complete this consent form and bring it along to your appointment. If you are unable to complete this prior to the appointment please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow sufficient time for completion
- If you are unable to attend your appointment please notify us as soon as possible so that we can prepare the number of vaccination doses required for the day accordingly
Getting ready for your appointment
Please do not come to your vaccination appointment:
- if you are feeling unwell with fever, cough, runny nose or other symptoms that could be COVID-19
- if you are waiting for COVID-19 test results, or have tested positive for COVID-19
- if you are a close contact of someone with COVID-19
- if you are in quarantine
If you have had another vaccine in the 14 days before your COVID-19 vaccine appointment, please let us know as we may need to reschedule your appointment.
What should I expect on the day?
- Please check in with reception staff on arrival. Please make an appointment for the second dose of your vaccine at this time (12 weeks later)
- You will be called by the doctor you have made an appointment with and your consent form will be checked
- The doctor will discuss the vaccination with you and the possible adverse reactions to the vaccination will be discussed
- Your vaccination details will be uploaded to the Australian Immunisation Registry (AIR) and will be uploaded to MyHealth Record (with your consent)
- After the vaccination we will ask you to please take a seat in our designated waiting area for 15 minutes. If you feel unwell during this time please notify one of our staff members as soon as possible
- If you feel well after the waiting time has elapsed then you can continue on
How do I find proof of immunisation?
- If you have a Medicare card, then please create a myGov account and you will be able to link it to your Medicare. From here you will be able to view your immunisation history statement. After the vaccination it may take a few days for the COVID-19 vaccine to appear on your immunisation statement. Alternatively, if you have consented to the doctor uploading the vaccination information to MyHealth Record, it will also be viewable there. More information on creating a myGov account and linking it to your Medicare
- If you do not have a Medicare card, you may request an Individual Health Identifier from Services Australia and then you’ll be able to check your immunisation history through MyHealth Record
Phase 1B vaccination eligibility check
Please download, print and fill in this CONSENT FORM and bring it to your vaccination appointment
If you do not have work ID or a letter from your employer proving you are eligible to receive the vaccine under phase 1B, please download, print and fill in this ELIGIBILITY DECLARATION and bring it to your vaccination appointment
Quality Practice Accreditation Pty Ltd